- A main focus area of the firm is to compile and submit water use licence applications for development projects countrywide. The firm is capable of handling any water use licence application in a professional and diligent way.
- The professional team of the firm has got vast experience and intimate knowledge regarding water use and water legislation. Some members of the team are retired senior officials from the Department of Water Affairs and Forestry, who were actively involved in the development of the National Water Act and also in the implementation of policies and regulations emanating from this act.
- Water related aspects are part of the speciality field - particularly water use entitlements and maintenance and control thereof. Detail cadastral information and spatial data on water and land utilization on farms are collected, processed and analysed. The processing is computerised on alpha-numerical and graphical information systems (GIS) to facilitate control, management and planning.
- The knowledge and experience exist to analyse the available data according to the previous Water Act. During this procedure, hydrological analyses are done to determine the normal flow and surplus flow components of the particular public stream. Because of the involvement of the firm's expert witness in several water court cases, water rights actions and expropriation actions the necessary expertise exists to present all analyses in such a way that it can be used in any relevant legal process.
- Because water related aspects are part of the speciality field - particularly water rights and maintenance and control thereof the senior partner in the firm Mr H. N. Schoeman was appointed by the Minister of Water Affairs and Forestry to serve on the “Water Law review panel” The purpose of this panel was to draft a set of principles on which a new water law could be based.
The firm has been involved in several land restitution claims as the expert witness on land use and the necessary expertise exists to present all analyses in such a way that it can be used in any relevant legal process. We specialise in the analysis of historical aerial photography to inform these processes.
The engineering experience in the firm is divided into the following disciplines:
1. Bulk water transport
1.1 system design
1.2 canal design
1.3 pipeline design
1.4 reservoir design
2.1 flood peak estimation
2.2 mathematical modelling
2.3 risk analysis
2.4 simulation and system analysis
3. Agricultural engineering (Irrigation)
3.1 crop water requirement determination
3.2 farm dam design
3.4 system design
4. Municipal engineering
4.1 infrastructure development
4.2 earth works and foundations
4.3 storm water networks
4.4 sewage networks
4.5 domestic water supply
5. Structure analysis and design
A list of more than 2 000 projects completed over the past 36 years is available.